Wednesday, June 18

Classmate Catch Up with Shalini Patel Darji


Shalini Patel Darji
Occupation: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (stay at home mom right now)
Spouse: Vinesh Darji (UK)
Spouse Occupation: Pharmacist
Children: Darshan (3)
Favorite Hobbies: Spending time with family, singing, dancing, doing volunteer work in our temple, working with teenagers, watching TV, playing board games (Cranium), and painting.
What would you like to accomplish/do in the next ten years? Become the coordinator of our teen and college age youth group. Be financially sound enough to go back to India and travel there for a month, and to send my in-laws to India so that they can live a life of peace, working in the temple in New Delhi and loving life.
Who most inspired you as a teen or young adult? My guru . . . .he inspired me to be a better teen and young adult by appreciating my parents and doing work in the temple or anywhere without looking for someone to praise what I have done . . .and for giving me my faith in God which has steered my life in the right direction.
What piece of advice would you give to high school students today? Always strive to be better than you are . . . never let someone tell you that you can't do it . . . accept praise with humility and learn from your mistakes. Remember than in the joy of others, lies our own. When we help others, we help ourselves and we are pleasing God.

No comments:

Favorite Ray Johnson Quote:

"Okay, Panthers, let's go out and make it a great day!"